How We Ship
At Fantaxies, we take shipping very seriously! Here is information on our process.
- Orders are shipped Monday-Wednesday (excluding government holidays) to avoid the least amount of time in transit.
- You can choose between 2-3 day Priority shipping or 1 day shipping on your order.
- Your order will be shipped double-bagged with heavy duty shipping bags in an insulated package with an ice pack if necessary.
- Animals may be fasted for 1 day prior to shipping.
- It is normal for an axolotl’s colors to fade from the stress of transit, but it will regain its normal colors shortly thereafter.
- Though relatively uncommon, it is normal for the axolotl to lose its appetite for 1-2 days due to the stress of shipping.
- We reserve the right to hold off on shipping or ship on a different day of the week due to inclement weather or postal service busy seasons. Safety of the animals first!
- Our boxes are labeled “Live Animals” and “Fragile” to notify postal workers of the contents and help ensure careful treatment.
While delays are rare, all of our axolotls are packaged for a worst case scenario to ensure safe arrival. Axolotls ship extremely well with our proprietary shipping method. They are highly efficient creatures at oxygen uptake, which is the greatest limiting factor when it comes to shipping live aquatics. Axolotls can survive up to 10 days in the mail when properly packaged.
We offer a 100% Live Arrival Guarantee. Please read our policies here for more information. And of course, feel free to contact us with any questions.
We strive to keep costs reasonable. At the same time, we are shipping live animals, so extra attention, time and care goes into shipping our axies. So, how much does it cost to ship your axolotl with Fantaxies? We use flat rate shipping pricing, so it does not matter how far away you are.
- 2-3 day Priority shipping costs $20 for the first axolotl and $8 for each additional axolotl.
- 1 day Express shipping costs $60 for the first axolotl and $5 for each additional axolotl.